Server services based on Open source software
Depending on the requirements, the configuration of the server may only include one of the listed services or more thereof. Compliance with whether the server is physical or virtual can also influence the choice of services. The server type – physical or virtual can also influence the choice of services.
Some of the server services we offer:
– Mail server – Web server for sending and receiving e-mails, characterized by an autonomous and self-learning system for unwanted messages filtering. Mailbox quota and capacity depends only on the capacity of the file array. The service allows users to access to their messages from any device that supports the Mailing protocols. Additional configuration of a Web client is on client`s disposal. It provides access via all type of Internet browsers.
– Web server – Application server that gave the possibility to host websites built with several languages and platforms such as JAVA / PHP / Perl / Python / Ruby / .NET. Its use is for Internet services environment as well as for internal use and Intranet environments. Server is configured in order to host many sites with different volume and type of information.
– Active Directory – The AD service is an object-oriented database containing information about network users and resources. It is basically a centralized management of computers in the network and appears to be one of the features of modern network operating systems. It is designed to facilitate the access control to resources, files, print services as well as management of instant messaging systems in corporate networks. Every object stores information specific to a network user or network resource. The objects are structured hierarchically in a directory tree, which can be organized depending on the organization needs. Active Directory controls relationships between users and devices and between multiple devices through the process – identification and authorization. Initially, the users are identified, then authorized to use certain resources according to their access rights. Rights are globally defined on an organizational principle (unit) and then proceeded to more precise definition according to individual users or groups.
- Content filtering and Internet traffic monitoring server – Main function of this type of server is the content filtering and monitoring of Internet / Intranet outgoing and incoming traffic. An integral part of Information Security. Proxy server, firewall, web server for visualization of information and other necessary applications are installed. Some of the features that server can perform are : blocking access to certain sites or domains; blocking of file downloading from the Internet according their type and expansion/ or MIME; permit only authorized users to access to certain sites and / or download files from the Internet; built-in antivirus protection that allows scanning incoming Internet traffic for viruses; displaying information (IP address of visited sites and information about the most visited sites by users; traffic volume etc.
– File server – Server representing a centralized repository for corporate data storage. Access is performed in predefined restrictions according users rights. Data access is available only from the Internal network.
– FTP server – Web server for external access to company data. Predefined folders with defined access rights can be accessed from different networks. In addition, for more security is generated a SSL certificate and traffic is encrypted.
– VPN server – Web server, providing an opportunity to build virtual private networks (VPN) such as Client-server and Server-server. This type of service allows the connection of a remote computer or office to the internal company network infrastructure and access to the internal network resources.
– XMPP corporate chat– Web server for instant messaging, internal corporate calls and desktop sharing between employees.